I’m writing to remind you that VASCD’s 2022 micro-credentials are open for enrollment between now and the end of March. A variety of micro-credentials are available, all grounded in the Profile of a Virginia Classroom. These micro-credentials can be implemented for a variety of purposes, such as:
- a focus for shared professional learning in a team or PLC;
- an action plan to accompany an individual teacher’s professional learning goal;
- evidence of a teacher leader’s proficiency in a skill;
- support for a new teacher or a teacher working on an assistance plan; or
- an authentic, job-embedded route to recertification credit.
We also have virtual sessions coming up soon with Tammy Musiowsky-Borneman (author of the Minimalist Teacher) and Andy Jacks (author of Discipline Win). I hope you and your colleagues will join us! I appreciate you forwarding this information to others who may be interested.