Discipline Plan

Rules in Room D-100

1. We follow all teacher directions.
  2. We speak politely.
  3. We keep our hands, feet, and other objects to ourselves.
  4. We raise our hands before speaking.
  5. We come to class ready to work.
  6. We treat others and their belongings with respect.

I wanted to tell you about a behavior tool I use in my classroom called Class Dojo. It is a website and phone app that allows teachers to give students immediate and specific feedback on their behaviors, positive and negative. Students get very excited when they are awarded points (it’s on display the entire school day) and one of the best things I’ve noticed is that they root for each other! They are so sweet to each other, congratulating others when they receive a positive point. It also allows us to look at behavior trends, set goals, and have helpful behavior meetings.

One of the great features of Class Dojo is that it connects to your phone.  It allows you to instantly see behaviors good and bad, and allows us to send messages quickly and easily.  It also sends you a “behavior and skills report” every Friday by email.  My hope is that this will bring you and me closer together, and help you better understand the progress of your student on a week to week basis.

Students are also able to have their own account using a special code so they can customize their monster’s on their own! They can also look at and observe their own growth!

I know you will be proud to see the great behaviors they are displaying.  If there is something they need to work on, you will be able to see that as well so we can work on it together.