Birthdays, School Supplies, Snacks

Birthdays

We always love to celebrate.  If you would like to celebrate, you have two options.  Either you may order cupcakes from the cafeteria which the students can eat with lunch, or you can send in a store bought treat which the students can share at the end of the day.  It must adhere to the Suffolk Public Schools Wellness Policy.  If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!

School Supplies

Students received a supply list as the beginning of the school year.  Throughout the year, students will be using all of the supplies indicated.  This year, we are really focusing on being responsible and taking care of what we are given.  I know a lot of money is spent every year on school supplies, and my goal is to make sure that the students are taking care of and using the supplies that you have purchased for them.  If at any point additional supplies are needed, I will send a note home letting you know that your child is running low on school supplies.

Please note that dry erase markers, pencils, and glue sticks are used and shared among all of the students.  I ask that pencils sent in are plain, wooden pencils only (our pencil sharpeners can’t accept the plastic covered ones).

Snacks 

Students will be allowed to have a snack at the end of each day during silent reading time.  Snacks should be dry (no liquids or things that require utensils please!) like crackers, chips, fruit or veggies.  Snack will not be provided, so students who do not bring snack from home may save fruit/vegetables from their lunch to eat.