What is happening in class:
It’s not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
*****Make sure to sign up for Remind 101****
Things to Remember in Math for 2019-2020
- Students need to know their multiplication facts. It is the basis for so many skills in middle school.
- Fractions, Decimals, and Percents are one of the most difficult standards to learn.
- Students must come to class prepared daily with all supplies.
- There will be daily bell ringers with bi-weekly quizzes once we are up and running.
- Practice, practice, practice-homework is essential. Students must complete homework. I only take 8 assignment grades per nine weeks and it must be complete the day I check it. I do give zeroes for no homework.
- Benchmarks are cumulative-70% is considered mastery.
- Students will receive review booklets each nine weeks from their teacher. This will help with Benchmarks. The teacher will assign what is to be completed in these booklets.
- Study Island will be used at home and in school to practice skills.
- If no written homework is given, students should review their notes. They should review notes daily, but especially if there is no written homework.
- STAR testing is given three times a year.
- Check blog daily