Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weekend.
Below are the directions to go to the online Social Studies book.
Click on the link then click on the 2nd grade social studies book with a little speaker on it. A login page will pop up.
user name is: Suffolk (You have to capitalize the S.)
password is: 23439
The science book is on the link below. Click on the link then click on the 2nd grade science book with a little speaker on it. A login page will pop up.
User name: VirginiaScience2019 (You have to capitalize the letters that I have.)
Important things to know about homework are:
• Please write the title of the book your student read to you that day in his/her agenda.
• Please make sure your child reads TO you every night. They can check out books on Wednesday during library. However, if they need a new one before then, they can go before school.
• The spelling words are part of the reading skills for that week so please check that they are doing one menu item nightly and returning the assignment to school every day.
• I will send home a reading passage that your child needs to read to you nightly. There is 1 question to answer per day. Please sign and return these to me on Friday.
• On the weeks that your child has word sorts in the zipper pouch in the front of the binder, please make sure they practice nightly.
We will work on the following skills in Reading this nine weeks:
• Use consonants, consonant blends, and consonant digraphs to decode words.
• Use knowledge of short, long, and r-controlled vowel patterns to decode and spell words.
• Use information in the story to read words.
• Use knowledge of sentence structure.
• Use knowledge of story structure and sequence.
• Reread and self-correct
• Use vocabulary from other content areas.
• Ask and answer questions about what is read in fiction and nonfiction.
• Locate information to answer questions.
• Describe characters, setting, and important events in fiction and poetry.
• Identify main idea in fiction and nonfiction.
• Draw conclusions based on text.
• Table of Contents
• Text features
• prefixes and suffixes
• identify syllables
• identify synonyms, antonyms, homphones
In Science this week, we will continue learning about living and non-living things. .
This week in Math we will continue learning about units of measurement. (weight and capacity)
In Social Studies we continue learning about Ancient China.
Mrs. Cindy Martie