http://www.livebinders.com/play/play/349732 Select Fcat 8 Reading tab or Interactive Quizzes Tab 7th Grade
Representations of Relations — in words, by rule, in a table and in a graph — five functions were sorted into the four representations and explained to their classmates. Continued to build our math vocabulary and analytical thinking skills. Homework in the Set #7 notebook on pages 308 – 309.
Sign up for Remind 101. Go to remind101.com, use this phone number: (757) 809-2118, and use the code for your class (see below).
1st block – Remind 101 code: @stoneblk1 If needed, finish p403 #2 & 4 and p453 MiniLab. Vocabulary Quiz on Ch 15, 17, and 2 next class. Vocabulary Quiz on Ch 3, 4, and 5 on Wed 4/30.
5th block – Remind 101 code: @stoneblk5 If needed, finish the p35 vocab. Homework: Complete the s2.1 ws (front & back).
7th block – Remind 101 code: @stoneblk7 p35 vocab
If possible, please refrain from scheduling appointments during your childs testing times. The Spring 2014 SOL Testing Schedule is available now! Copies of the schedule are also being sent home for your convenience.
Help your student have a successful day starting with a good nights rest, breakfast and a smile. We want every one to “do your best”!
At its April 10 meeting, the Suffolk School Board approved the following school hours for the 2014-15 school year. Link here to view the full videotape of the 4-10-14 School Board meeting.
Proposal 1 – 4 Tier Bell Schedule
Middle School – 7:25-2:00 (7 am Bus Arrival)
High School – 8:25-3:00 (8 am Bus Arrival)
Elementary A – 9:20-3:35 (8:50 Arrival)
Driver, Florence Bowser, Hillpoint, Kilby Shores, Mack Benn, Northern Shores
Elementary B – 9:35-3:50 (9:05 Arrival)
Booker T. Washington, Creekside, Elephant’s Fork, Nansemond Parkway, Oakland, Pioneer
Students and parents at Southwestern did a wonderful job of raising money for our March of Dimes campaign this year. We raised over $1600!!
We want to end a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who helped out!
The Suffolk Walk for March of Dimes is Saturday, April 26th at 10:00 a.m. We would love to have as man people walk with us as we can. If you are interested in walking, email Mrs. Luck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next week, students in grade Kindergarten through 2nd grade will all take our Spring PALS Test. Students in third grade will take the Spring PALS if they did not meet the Benchmark in the Fall. Students and teachers have been working very hard and we know that students are ready to show what they have learned.
Please help your children do their best on the test. Have them get a good nights sleep, make sure to eat breakfast in the morning (whether at home or school), and tell them to try their very best!
AT&T is sponsoring a safe driving campaign – “It Can Wait”. AT&T DriveMode is a free* app got AT&T subscribers that helps drivers avoid distractions from incoming calls and text message alerts. The app is available in GooglePlay and iTunes.
Students in grades 1- 5 have already been introduced to Study Island in the computer lab and shoulld be fairly familar with it now. It’s a great way to provide interactive activities for your child to do and the teacher can focus on specific areas for each student – or give the whole class an assignment!
Please take a few minutes to check out the Study Island Parent Information, and then be sure to log into the program with your child. Parents can check progress and print out work sheets to assist your child for the upcoming SOLs. Have fun learning together!
- Science Club – the Science Club will be holding officer elections for next year on May 6th. If you would like to run for office please let Mrs. Epperley know in writing by April 29th. You need to include your name and the office you want to hold.
- Prom – Prom tickets are now on Sale! Please pick up your permission slip from the reception desk in the hall and turn it in to Mrs. McElroy before or after school. The cost is $45.00 per person.
- VOICE Club - VOICE meeting the Tuesday, April 29th! We will discuss spring service opportunities.
- Anime Club - Anime club is meeting Thursday, May 1st in Mrs. Newsome’s room. The meeting will be right after school. This meeting we will be electing officers. Make sure you have one minute speeches ready.
- Band - The 1st Annual Hampton Roads Battle of the Bands!!! Saturday, May 3, 2014 @ 4 pm at the Hampton University Convocation Center with special guest the Grammy Award winning, Vickie Winans and hosted by comedian Ketus Kassidy. Tickets are available through ALL Ticketmaster locations and the HU convocation Center or you can order tickets online at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets are $22.00 each/$20.oo each for 3 or more. They will be on sale here at school starting Friday during all lunch shifts and in the band room after school from 3 – 6pm
- NR Acapella Group - Love music? Love acapella! The Nansemond River Acapella group will be having an interest meeting on Monday, the 28th! It is recommended that all previous acapella members attend the meeting. All rising sophomore and junior vocalists are encouraged to attend! Auditions will be held in the auditorium Thursday, May 15th at 3pm! The interest meeting on Monday will also take place a 3pm in the auditorium. Rising senior vocalists are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Tutoring – Mr. Dildy’s Geometry tutoring is cancelled for today.
- FBLA - This is a reminder to all FBLA members that there will be a meeting held on Thursday, April 24th from 3 until 3:45 in room 118. Your attendance is expected!
- ROTC - The ROTC cadets are collecting donations each day this week during all lunch periods in order to raise money to have a water well installed at Abela Primary School in Uganda. Than you for your generous support.
- Students - If you have made arrangements to stay back for tutoring on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays then you must have a signed, dated,and timed pass from your teacher once your tutoring session has ended. If you are caught inside the building without a signed pass, then you will be suspended. You must have the pass with you to enter the library to wait for the 4:30 bus. In addition, any student staying back for athletic conditioning should report directly to their designated area and should not be roaming the building or hanging out in the library. Students caught out of area will be suspended.
- Yearbook - Yearbooks are on sale! Buy them on-line at Jostens.com or follow the link on the NRHS homepage. If paying with cash or check, see Mrs. Young in Room 127 before school.
- All Staff and Students - Remember to bring in your Farm Fresh receipts to the library to help us get valuable supplies, DVD’s, and books for the library.
Standards Practice 8.16
Graded assignment (fucntional representations) 4/25
More new books are ready for reading. Come to the Library to checkout these new titles:
Fyre by Angie Sage (Book 7 in the Septimus Heap series)
Hank Zipzer titles: Book 14 – The Life of Me (Enter at Your Own Risk!)
Book 16 – Dump Trucks & Dogsleds: I’m on My Way, Mom!
Book 17 – A Brand-New Me!
Dead is Just a Dream by Marlene Perez ( Book 8 in the Dead is… series)
The Escape by Kathryn Lasky (Book 1 in the Horses of the Dawn series)
Steve Jobs: Thinking Differently by Patricia Lakin
The Boy Project(Notes and Observations of Kara McAllister) by Kami Kinard (Book 1 in The Boy Project series)
The Woodcutter Sisters series by Alethea Kontis: Book 1 - Enchanted Book 2 - Hero
The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare: Book 2 - Clockwork Prince Book 3 – Clockwork Princess
The Woodcutter Sisters series by Alethea Kontis : Book 1 - Enchanted Book 2 – Hero
The Razorland Trilogy by Ann Aguirre: Book 1 – Enclave Book 2 – Outpost Book 3 – Horde
Keeper by Kathi Appelt
The Center of Everything by Linda Urban
Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo 2014 NEWBERY WINNER
More new titles will be added to the collection and posted on the FGMS BLOG in the next week. Check back to see what additional new books are ready to read!
INp. 14 Green Book p. 256 #11-19 Quiz on Tuesday.
Midpoint Test will be on May 8th.
(INp.22) Complete the attached worksheet.
(Blue Booklet) Complete page 8.
(Back of IN) Work on the 4th 9 weeks midpoint Review. The 4th nine weeks midpoint test will be given on Friday, May 2.
(INp.20) Complete the attached worksheet.
(Blue Booklet) Complete the bar graph. Add the numbers above each bar for a total.
Thank you so much to everyone who has been clipping and sending Box Tops! Please keep collecting and send them to school until the end of the school year.
Is it a function? Use the Vertical Line Test to figure it out!
In Set #7, pages 298 – 301. Upcoming Tests: May 8-9 (Midpoint 4NW), then May 28 (State SOL test).
Please bring all of these items that you have ready.
All items will be required by September for registration to be final before child can enter school on 9/3/2014.
- Original Birth Certificate (Exception- Early Start students who are GOING TO KINDERGARTEN AT Florence Bowser only- We have a copy of your child’s BC! If you are registering at another school, please carry the original certificate.
- Current physical – will NOT have been given more than a year before child enters on Sept. 3, 2014.
- Immunization record – will NEED to be up-to-date as of 9/3/14.
- Proof of address – should be a utility bill. (Cellular/Internet service & Driver’s License are NOT accepted.)
- Please Note: Should your child need medication to be administered by the school nurse, a “Request for Administration of Medication” form will need to be filled out by your child’s doctor and medications MUST be brought to school by the parent/legal guardian in a container that is appropriately labeled by the pharmacy or physician.
Thank you to the parents, students and faculty members who supported the Hillpoint Elementary Book Fair “Book Fair Fiesta.” We had our highest selling fair and funds will support our school and Library. Students participated in a contest where they had to create a book advertising the fair. Certain measurements and requirements had to be applied in their project. Pictured are: Zachary Bronough, Kelsea Myers and Devon Ranay as the top three participants.
Members of the Accelerated Reader Husky Book Club show off their complimentary books from Hillpoint’s spring Scholastic Book Fair. Students in grades K-2 have earned at least 100 AR points and students in grades 3-5 have earned at least 200 AR points this year. Congratulations to these awesome readers!