Tidewater Writing Project’s
2020 Online Summer Institute
Dates: July 20th – 31st, 2020
Hours: 9am – 11:30am with virtual meeting via Zoom at Noon – 3pm, asynchronous
Audience: This institute is designed for elementary, middle, and high school teachers, as well as
coaches in all content areas.
• Earn 3 hours of graduate credit (equal to 90 certification points).
• Receive a certificate of completion.
• Become a Teacher-Consultant (TCs) of writing instruction.
• Join the professional network of the National Writing Project.
• Experience the writing process by identifying and developing your own writing.
• Develop and present a best-practice demonstration lesson which explores the theoretical
underpinnings and examines student work.
• Identify and research classroom practice with the aim of developing lifelong learning and
professional discussion around the nexus of pedagogy and curriculum.
Licensed teachers currently working in public schools will receive a 25% tuition discount.
• Tuition with discount for graduate students: $1,306.50.
• Tuition without discount for graduate students: $1,742.
Admission and Registration:
• Course Number and Title: TLED 695 (CRN 36509 or CRN 36510)
• TWP Invitational Summer Institute: Teacher Leadership Development
Please register by June 15, 2020 at https://odu.edu/academics/summer
For information on how to register, please go to https://online.odu.edu/academics/how-register-courses
For more information and questions, please contact Dr. Lea Lee
Department of Teaching and Learning
Darden College of Education & Professional StudiesOld Dominion University
Norfolk, Virginia – 23529
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com 757-683-4801