Professional Development: For the Love of Literacy
WVPEC & Simply Achieve Present “For the Love of Literacy: A Story to Share” on April 21st at 12:30 to 3:30
COVID19 has taught educators everywhere the importance of social and emotional health. In this high energy workshop you will discover fun and new ways to engage students and provide them with tools to address some of their emotional challenges. Reading to children, provides a wonderful opportunity to develop social and emotional competencies. In this session, educators will learn strategies for using stories to stimulate critical thinking and perspective-taking skills and allow children to make connections to real life events.
- Recognize the importance of developing children’s social emotional learning skills through shared reading.
- Identify techniques for engaging children in shared book reading.
- Identify approaches for encouraging children to gain deeper meaning from the stories they hear.
- Engage with colleagues around the state.
- LEAVE the workshop with SUPER cool tools you can use in your classroom the next day!
Consortium School District – $79 per person
Non-Consortium School District – $89 per person