Teachers will showcase how KFMS students are improving their writing skills. Join us to learn about valuable resources that are available to help your student succeed on the Writing 8 SOL Test given on March 21 and 22, 2018. Dinner is free of charge! Please RSVP by returning this flyer [Click] to your student’s English teacher by Tuesday, March 6.
With winter storms predicted, please take these steps now to be prepared.
1) Update your students about where to go when they get off the bus, should schools close early.
2) Remember, when schools are opening under a 1- or 2-hour delay, bus pickups begin 1 or 2 hours later than normal. With incredibly cold temperatures, please prepare students by dressing them in layers with hats and gloves.
3) Early dismissals, delays and school closings can affect before- and after-school care programs. Check with your provider now to learn about their winter weather plans. Note: No breakfast is served on days with delayed openings.
4) Make sure we know how you’d prefer to receive updates. Go to www.spsk12.net/Parents/School Messenger to confirm your phone numbers and emails are up to date.
5) For more information, visit www.spsk12.net/parents/delays-closings/
With a $1 donation to the United Way, students and faculty may have the privilege of wearing a hat. The hat can be a Halloween hat or other type of hat. Please note costumes, masks and hoods are not permissible. Thank you for your support of the United Way.
Girls Tryouts are on September 20th from 2:30 – 4:30 pm. Boys Tryouts are on September 18 & 19 from 2:30 – 4:30 pm. Practice for both boys and girls on September 21 & 22 from 2:30 – 4:30 pm. The Activity Buses will leave at 4:45. Unless you are getting picked up you will need to get on the activity bus to get home.
Saturday, September 30th, the YMOP will host a yard sale at King’s Fork Middle School. The YMOP is a group of 6-8 grade guys who gather on Thursdays to focus on the following: character traits, goals, relationships, colleges and careers. There are two ways to support: (1) for a $10 donation – you get a table and a marked space, and (2) drop off donations for the YMOP’s space. Questions – contact Mr. Brown or Mr. Smith at 923-5246 or send an Email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.