Thank you for your interest in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program at King’s Fork High School. Below you will find detailed information about the program.
GENERAL INFORMATION PUBLICATIONS
- Parent Night Information Sheet–An overview of the application process and courses students take in the program
- KFHS IB Program Brochure–Provides general information about the program and its requirements.
Students applying to the program must be in the 8th grade* and should:
- have a 3.0 overall GPA
- be in Algebra I
- be in the first year of a foreign language
- have a “B” or higher in their English, math, and foreign language courses.
APPLYING TO THE PROGRAM: EIGHTH GRADERS
The application process for the 2018-19 school year for eighth graders is now open. Interested candidates can apply here: https://bit.ly/2F5V7Dh If you have questions about the application process, please contact Stuart Jones, IB Specialist at 757-923-5240, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLYING TO THE PROGRAM: NINTH AND TENTH GRADERS
All students are encouraged to apply during their eighth grade year. The ninth and tenth grade years in our “pre-diploma” courses gives students the best preparation for the IB Diploma Program. However, we recognize that some students will apply during their ninth or tenth grade years (for example, students that are new to the district). Therefore we have established an application process for ninth and tenth graders.
Ninth and tenth graders wanting to apply to the IB program should contact Stuart Jones, IB Specialist at 757-923-5240 or email@example.com. Applications are accepted throughout the year; however, ninth and tenth graders can only be accepted if space becomes available in their graduation cohort.
Ninth and tenth grade applicants must:
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (calculated from all high school credit-bearing courses)
- have a “B” or higher in their English, math, and foreign language courses
Ninth grade applicants must:
- be in Geometry (or higher)
- be in the first year (or higher) of a foreign language)
Tenth grade applicants must:
- be in Algebra II (or higher)
- be in the second year (or higher) of a foreign language
In addition, 9th and 10th grade applicants will have their transcripts reviewed by the IB guidance counselor. This is to ensure they have taken courses necessary to meet the requirements for graduating with an advanced diploma.