Thank you for your interest in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program at King’s Fork High School. Below you will find detailed information about the program.
GENERAL INFORMATION PUBLICATIONS
- Parent Information Night Flyer 2017–Provides general information about the program that will be discussed during our Information Night on December 7, 2017 at 6:30PM at King’s Fork High School.
- KFHS IB Program Brochure–Provides general information about the program and its requirements.
Students applying to the program must be in the 8th grade* and should:
- have a 3.0 overall GPA
- be in Algebra I
- be in the first year of a foreign language
- have a “B” or higher in their English, math, and foreign language courses.
APPLYING TO THE PROGRAM: EIGHTH GRADERS
The application process for the 2018-19 school year for eighth graders is closed. The application for the 2019-20 school year will open in December 2018. Our parent night will be held the first week of December. If you have questions before then, contact Stuart Jones, IB Specialist at 757-923-5240, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLYING TO THE PROGRAM: NINTH AND TENTH GRADERS
All students are encouraged to apply during their eighth grade year. The ninth and tenth grade years in our “pre-diploma” courses gives students the best preparation for the IB Diploma Program. However, we recognize that some students will apply during their ninth or tenth grade years (for example, students that are new to the district). Therefore we have established an application process for ninth and tenth graders.
Ninth and tenth graders wanting to apply to the IB program should contact Stuart Jones, IB Specialist at 757-923-5240 or email@example.com. Applications are accepted throughout the year; however, ninth and tenth graders can only be accepted if space becomes available in their graduation cohort.
Ninth and tenth grade applicants must:
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (calculated from all high school credit-bearing courses)
- have a “B” or higher in their English, math, and foreign language courses
Ninth grade applicants must:
- be in Geometry (or higher)
- be in the first year (or higher) of a foreign language)
Tenth grade applicants must:
- be in Algebra II (or higher)
- be in the second year (or higher) of a foreign language