Welcome Warriors to the 2016-2017 School Year!!!!
I do hope you will be able to join us for our meet and greet open hours on Wednesday, August 31 from 1-4pm. A syllabus and parent/teacher contact form will be available as well as pertinent information. If you are unable to come, this information will be disseminated on the first day of school. I look forward to meeting you and your child!
Remind code (for tests and quiz reminders via text or email), Google classroom code (daily lesson plans)
Pearson Textbook (password will be provided, your individual username will be given the first day of school) codes 2016-2017
Syllabus 2016-2017 and Parent Teacher Contact Form (please return during the first week of school) Syllabus Geometry new
Welcome Back! If this is your first year or you are a returning Warrior, I am excited to help you as your mathematical journey continues. I am here to help and teach you the material for the class you have enrolled in and hopefully you are eager to do your part which will require being mindful of the requirements that will be given you to you the first day of school. Each student will also be given:
* A personalized online access code to the Pearson Textbook which will have a plethora of interactive resources to reinforce concepts taught in the classroom, in addition to a hard copy textbook and a workbook to be kept in the classroom. If your child would like to keep the workbook, please let me know and I will ensure this is done.
* List of online website resources (for parents and students)
* Each student/parent will have the option of signing up for a text message reminder for upcoming quizzes, tests and upcoming projects.
* During the first nine weeks, parents will be notified (via the email on file at NRHS) when their child does not complete hw. Following the first nine weeks, if you would like to continue to be notified via email please send a written note with your child.
* Grades will be updated weekly and homework grades will be entered after five consecutive assignments (approximately every 2 weeks); I highly encourage students to make corrections on all assessments on a separate piece of paper, with all work shown, to avoid repeating the same mistake. In addition, I will collect at least one reassessment if your child elects to make those corrections.
I ask that each student be prepared with the following supplies: 3-ring binder, 12 dividers, 5 removable tabs, loose leaf paper, colored card stock, pencils, colored pens/pencils/crayons, highlighters, four AAA batteries, Prentice Hall Geometry textbook, graph paper, tissue, hand sanitizer and Graphing Calculator (one will be provided for in class use).
Honors Geometry Students, this is designed for students that earned at least a B+ or higher in Algebra I and want to learn. This is an intensive course and you will be rewarded with a wealth of knowledge, an extra half credit and the necessary skills to advance to Honors Algebra II. Geometry is the branch of mathematics concerned with the properties and relations of points, lines, surfaces, solids, and higher dimensional analogs. Since this is an SOL course, the Virginia Department of Education Curriculum Framework will be covered by the beginning of June. You will have homework assigned each night, in addition to two/three weekly online assignments due each Friday, classwork assignments and weekly assessments in the form of a quiz or test. The syllabus will be attached once it is finalized and approved from admin…..
Please do not forget your summer assignment as this will be your first graded quiz will be due on the first day of class and can be found using the following web address: https://www.spsk12.net/files/2016/06/Honors-Geometry-Summer-Assignment-2016.pdf
Geometry Students, this is an SOL required mathematics course for a standard diploma. Geometry is a the branch of mathematics concerned with properties and relations of points, lines surfaces, solids and higher dimensional analogs. The Virginia Department of Education Curriculum Framework will be covered by the beginning of June. You will have homework assigned each night, classwork assignments and weekly assessments in the form of a quiz or test. The syllabus will be attached once it is finalized and approved from admin…..
Attached is the 2016-2017 School Year Calendar 2016-2017-Calendar
I look forward to meeting each of you and helping you be successful! Kiea Brown