Celebrate the 100th day of school with us! Get into the 100th day spirit at Northern Shores and dress as if you are 100 years old. Prizes for the best dressed “old man or “old woman” will be given out! Come on the 100th day of school and join the fun! We will be celebrating the 100th day on Monday, February 19th.
Report Cards for the second grading period will be issued on Monday, February 19. Please ask your child for their report card. There will be several different score reports accompanying your child’s report card. Please review them and let us know if you have any questions.
Our classes are working to complete their second nine weeks History Performance Based Assessment. This is a culminating project about the Revolutionary War. The entire project must be completed here at school. None of it may be completed at home. Please make every effort to ensure that your child is at school this week. The students will have until Thursday to complete the project which we started last week. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Snow days on January 17-18, 2018 will be made up by adding 10 minutes to the end of the school day. The additional minutes will be added beginning February 5 (the start of second semester) and continue through June 14 (the last day of school).
|Revised Bell Schedule|
|Current Schedule||New Schedule w/ additional 10 minutes|
|Middle School||7:25 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||7:25 a.m. – 2:10 p.m.|
|High School||8:25 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||8:25 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.|
|Elementary A||9:20 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.||9:20 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.|
|Elementary B||9:35 a.m. – 3:50 p.m.||9:35 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
*Please note, the odd/even calendar has been updated in E-School and on the website to reflect the adjusted schedule.
Make-Up Days and Exam Schedule Changes from Snow Days – Jan. 4-5 & Jan. 8-10
Below you will find the changes to the SPS 2017-18 adopted calendar. Please note that the SPS 2017-18 adopted calendar includes one “banked day” for inclement weather, which we are using. The adjustment to our schedule addresses the additional lost instructional time and satisfies state requirements regarding student clock hours at all levels – elementary, middle, and high.
- Middle and high school exams were originally scheduled for January 23-26. Middle and high school exams will now be administered January 30- February 2.
- January 24 was originally scheduled to be an early release for middle and high schools. January 24 will now become a full student day for all schools.
- January 25 was originally scheduled to be an early release for middle and high schools. January 25 will now become a full student day for all schools.
- January 26 was originally scheduled to be an early release for all schools. January 26 will now become a full student day for all schools.
- January 29 was originally scheduled to be an early release and half day clerical for all schools. January 29 will now become a full student day for all schools.
- High school exams will begin on January 30 (Odd Day). This will be a full day for all schools.
- January 31 was originally scheduled to be a full day for all students. January 31 will now be an early release exam day (Even Day) for middle and high schools only. Elementary schools will continue to be full day.
- February 1 was was originally scheduled to be a full day for all students. February 1 will now be an early release exam day (Odd Day) for middle and high schools only. Elementary schools will continue to be full day.
- February 2 was was originally scheduled to be a full day for all students. February 2 will now be an early release for all schools. This will be an exam day (Even Day) for middle and high schools.
- The second semester will begin on February 5 for all students.
- February 16 was originally scheduled to be a Parent Teacher Conference Day. February 16 will now be a full school day for students and staff. Parent Teacher Conference will be held at parent and/or teacher request from Feb. 15 through Feb. 23.
- February 19 (Presidents’ Day) was originally scheduled to be a holiday for students and staff. February 19 will now be a full school day for students and staff. Report cards will be distributed
- March 6 was originally scheduled to be a Staff Development Day with no students in school. March 6 will now become a full student day for all schools. Interim Reports issued
Our Northern Shores community has a very heavy heart today. Adrian lost his fight with cancer on Monday. He was such a precious student who could bring a smile to anyone’s face.
Northern Shores will never forget you, Adrian! Thank you for forever affecting our lives with your smile.
Report Cards will be available for you to pick up in the school’s front foyer on Friday, November 17, 2017 from 1:45 to 5:45.
We will NOT be holding any conferences that afternoon. Any Report Cards that are not picked up on Friday will be sent home on Monday, November 20.
Thank you for your attention to this matter!
I’d like to thank one of our parents, Mrs. Baldwin, for putting together this awesome display for our United Way campaign! We are certainly on a roll! Next week kicks off our Spirit Week Dress Up days: Monday-Pink Promise, Tuesday-Pajama Day, Wednesday-Crazy Hat Day, Thursday-Superhero Day, Friday-Football Friday.
I have created an account for Spelling City. This website is a wonderful practice tool for your students. Please allow your child time to practice with their words on the website. You can access my lists through this link: https://www.spellingcity.com/users/verpeek