Suggested Materials for English 9
1. 3-Ring binder with paper (Any size binder is fine– a 1 inch should be sufficient. We use college-ruled paper only.)
2. Dividers to separate the sections of your binder—colored paper is fine! (You may have timed notebook quizzes and these will help!)
3. Black ink pens (Do not plan to write in other colors.)
4. Ample supply of #2 pencils
5. (2) Plastic folders for homework, essays, journal entries, etc.
6. 1 college-ruled composition book (These will be collected for in class use.)
7. 2 dry erase markers (These will be collected for in class use.)
These items will be needed later in the year:
1. Note cards for research
2. Posterboard (with markers, colored pencils, glue, etc. for projects)
3. Flashdrive (You will need access to a flashdrive to transfer essays between school and home.)
Honors English 9 students usually read three novels: The Pearl, Lord of the Flies, and A Separate Peace. A personal copy of each may be needed. Please wait for confirmation before buying these.
All students may benefit from No Fear Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet (usually needed 3rd quarter for English 9 and 4th quarter for Honors English 9).
Note: The other English 9 teachers may have specific requests.
A box of tissues or a ream of paper for school use