Letter “Tt” Week
We are beginning a new unit called “My Five Senses” where students will learn about our senses of seeing, hearing, touching, tasting and smelling. This week is also the letter “Tt” week! Students will meet Tiggy Tiger and we will discuss words that begin with Tt, identify the letter & letter sound, read stories, and complete activities with words that begin with Tt. We will review the letters Ss and Pp.
- Friday, Nov. 4 is Teddy Bear Day – please have your child bring in a teddy bear that day!
- Please continue to discuss the letters in childrens’ first or last name and practice name-writing.
- Please help your child to hunt for the letter “Tt” all around, and point out objects or pictures of things that begin with the letter Tt.
- Guessing Game – Play a senses guessing game with your child. For example, say “I hear a loud ringing sound.” Encourage your child to guess what you are describing. Take turns saying clues that begin I hear ____, I see ____, I taste ____, I feel ______, and I smell _______.
- We are beginning to learn and memorize our home address-please practice this with your child!