Reading: Read materials for comprehension. Answer the following questions:
1) Who or what is the story about
2) Is there a problem and/or solution
3) What is the authors purpose for writing this story
4) How could the ending have changed and how would this have changed the entire story?
Math: Review place value and comparing numbers nightly
Study ALL Multiplication and Division Facts
Study interactive notes
Study interactive notes
Welcome to Mrs.Johnson’s third grade class! It may seem funny to welcome you to the class, but you are very much a part of our class through your child. I believe that it takes both parents and teachers working together to maximize a child’s experience in school.
I want to take this time to let you know a few things about our class.
- We will have fun in school. I plan fun, meaningful activities.
- We will work hard in school. I will do my best to prepare for your student’s success, and I ask that the students put forth their best effort as well.
- Third grade is a transitional grade, therefore it is important that we work together to keep your child on task. If they are having difficulty please encourage them to ask questions in class.
- We will have order so that everyone will have the opportunity to learn. We will accomplish this by following our school-wide rules as we display “Brave Behavior”:
- Be safe.
- Be Respectful.
- Be Responsible.
- Be Problem Solvers.
- Follow direction the first time given.
- Homework will be given Monday through Thursday. The homework assignments are designed to reinforce concepts taught in school each day. Most assessment will be given on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Bus drivers are not allowed to pick up or take home students who are not assigned to their regular route without permission from the school administration. If your child will be riding a different bus home, I must have a note from you giving permission for the child to do so the morning before the intended change.
- Parent volunteers are always welcome and appreciated in our classroom! If you would like to read aloud to the class, help with lesson and activity preparation (cutting, laminating, etc.) or be a chaperone on a field trip, please make sure that you are an approved school volunteer. Applications are available in the school office, or I can send an application home through your child.
I look forward to working with you and your child throughout this school year. I invite you to join us at our Open House on September 14 2010. Please feel free to contact me by writing a note, calling the school (923-5248) before or after instruction time, or coming by after instruction time. I can also be reached at the email address below.