PARENTS-Hot Off The Press!!!
Friday March 24th is our 3rd and final benchmark. The benchmark will cover many problems from 6.10, 6.18, 6.3, 6.20, 6.11, 6.12, and 6.13 since these are the skills covered since the 2nd benchmark. They will also have questions from any of the previously tested strands (1st and 2nd nine weeks) so students need to be ready for all of it. They have a review packet that they have been working on since Tuesday. Please make sure that they are only doing the assigned problems.
***If your student is not at a 70% mastery currently, they must make a 70 or higher on this benchmark.***
11/28/16-The blog Resource Page has been updated and now includes the curriculum guide and the 2nd Nine Weeks Content Review booklet.
10/19/16-Study Island is now up and running for what we have covered so far for the 2nd nine weeks. Students may use this as another resource to help with their studying and practice. There are video lessons as well!! This is under my resource tab on my blog!! Check it out!! Keep in mind that the stuff for 1st nine weeks is still out there.
Things to Remember in Math for 2016-2017
- Students need to know their multiplication facts. It is the basis for so many skills in middle school.
- Fractions, Decimals, and Percents are one of the most difficult standards to learn.
- Students must come to class prepared daily with all supplies.
- There will be daily bell ringers with bi-weekly quizzes once we are up and running.
- Practice, practice, practice-homework is essential.
- Benchmarks are cumulative-70% is considered mastery.
- Students will receive review booklets each nine weeks from their teacher. This will help with Benchmarks. The teacher will assign what is to be completed in these booklets.
- Study Island will be used at home and in school to practice skills.
- If no written homework is given, students should review their notes. They should review notes daily, but especially if there is no written homework.
- MAP testing is given three times a year.
- Check blog daily