Looking over your notes on the characteristics of a Dystopian world, answer each of the following questions in paragraph form.
1) Which characteristics of a Dystopian society does your novel showcase so far in your reading? How does it do so?
2)Describe the type of Dystopian control used within your novel.
3) Describe your Dystopian protagonist. How does he / she exemplify the characteristics outlined in your notes?
Filed under Uncategorized | Comments (12)
One paragraph for each
1) Look over your notes on Dystopian literature. How does your novel fit this definition. Provide specific examples.
2) What did you like and dislike about your novel and why?
3) Do you believe that our world could ever end up like the world in your novel? explain.
4) Create your own dystopian society. What rules would you enforce?Filed under Uncategorized | Comments (11)
Describe the following points of view in your own words:
*1st person point of view
*2nd person point of view
*3rd person limited
*3rd person omniscient
How would your story be different if it was told from a different character’s point of view? Would the themes of the novel change? Would it be more or less interesting. Explain with specific examples from your novel.Filed under Uncategorized | Comments (5)
Provide 2 examples of each of the following from your novel:
Internal Conflict – conflict or problem that takes places within the character
Examples – guilt, greed, anger, hungry, sad
External Conflicts – conflicts that are caused by forces outside the self
Man V Man – Johnny v Bob
Man V Nature – Katniss v arena
Man V Technology – Cassia V matching machine malfunctions
Man V Society – Tris V class systemFiled under Uncategorized | Comments (11)
By exploring conflicts in a work of literature, the reader learns a great deal about the main character. Describe three conflicts your character has faced and how he or she has handled them. What does this reveal about your character?Filed under Uncategorized | Comments (8)
1st Nine Weeks – The Hunger Games (1/2 and 3/7th blocks)
The Outsiders (6th block)
2nd Nine Weeks- A Christmas Carol (1/2 and 3/7 blocks)
3rd Nine Weeks – The Outsiders (1/2 and 3/7 blocks)
Lit Circles (The Hunger Games, Matched, The Giver) 6th Block
4th Nine Weeks – Speak (1/2 and 3/7 blocks)
Night (6th block)
Filed under Uncategorized | Comment (0)