Monday, March 20th, 2017...9:43 am
Jump to Comments
- Grammar Quiz
- Class work – Non-fiction Questions
- In the Literature book, read Meet the Author, pg. 647, and Abolishing the Penny, pgs. 648 – 650. Also read Meet the Author, pg. 969, and Montgomery Boycott, pgs. 970 – 977.
- “Abolishing the Penny”
- How much does it cost the United States to mint new pennies every year?
- What is the main purpose of this article?
- Why would eliminating the penny make most prices go down?
- Why do people want to keep the penny as a coin?
- Who is the author and why is his opinion important?
- “Montgomery Boycott”
- Under what two circumstances did African Americans have to stand on buses in Montgomery?
- What incident started the bus boycott?
- Who is the author, and what role did she play in the boycott?
- How successful was the first day of the boycott?
- What did Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. urge his followers to avoid in his speech at the Holt Street Baptist Church?