Feed on

Forest Glen Wildcats School Counselor Board!

fgms logo

Welcome to our WildCat Guidance Page! My name is LeVisa Rice, and I along with Lenora Anderson will be serving Forest Glen Middle School for the 2020-2021 school year. In the Guidance department, we offer an open door policy where students and parents are able to contact the guidance counselor whenever they need to seek assistance. We are here at your service!

Forest Glen School Counselor Office Hours

Monday-Friday: 8:30am-3:30pm (regular school hours)


*Ms. Lenora Anderson is also a School Counselor at our school. She normally serves all 7th graders. And Ms. Rice assists all 6th and 8th graders; however, we both support all of our students.


FGMS Parents, stay tuned for the 2020-2021 bus schedule…….check back here later.  In the event your bus stop is not on the list,  please call the Transportation Department at (757) 925-5572.

Starting this year, the FGMS Guidance Department is streamlining its methods of communication for parents. Now, everything you need to know will be accessible through our school website. Also, be sure to sign up for PEACHJAR, to stay in the loop about various events within our district as well.

-Also, be sure to download the SUFFOLK PUBLIC SCHOOLS app via your phone’s Play Store for updates for our school. Here you’ll find news, events, bus tracker, menus and so much more!

For student grades: sign up for HOME ACCESS CENTER

And if you want to volunteer: VOLUNTEER, help needed!!!

For Weekly Announcements for Forest Glen, click below:

….coming soon

  • Need physical or mental support?
  • Need food or housing?
  • Need access to local and national resources?

***CLICK the link below for a list of local community resources.

It’s that simple!!!

For more information, click here on COMMUNITY RESOURCES.

-Our school faculty welcomes parent contact. In the event you would like to set up a parent-teacher conference or meeting, feel free to contact the teacher directly first. To email a teacher, you would need to send an email similar to ‘firstnamelastname@spsk12.net’. If a teacher can not be reached, then contact the Guidance counselor for assistance.

Home Access Center

Parents can sign up to monitor and manage student progress through the Home Access Center . To sign up, parents need to click here: Home Access Sign Up to create a Home Access account. If you experience any issues signing up for a parent account, call Mrs. Debra Carr or email her at debracarr@spsk12.net at Forest Glen to give her your email address or for assistance.

 *Parents/Guardians will need to be listed in the student database to sign up for a parent access.

-Individual Counseling Services

-Classroom Guidance Sessions

-Career Planning and Scheduling

-State Testing and SOL Preparation

-Conflict Resolution

-Parent/Teacher Collaboration

-Resource Management

-Therapeutic Day Treatment (via SPS approved agency)

Schedule Changes

-All schedule changes must be approved by an administrator. It is a good practice that parents attempt teacher contact before requesting a schedule change. Parents, please remember that year-long courses such as Band, Strings and Chorus can not be switched due to enrollment requirements.

***Withdrawals are by appointment only***

When students move or transfer to another school, parents need to set up an appointment to complete the withdrawal process with the guidance counselor.

Parent/guardian will need to bring:

-Parent driver’s license or military ID

-All student classroom books

-All library books

-Any school musical instruments

-New school name & address

-A bag to clean out locker


*Make sure you hand in a Letter of Intent to Ms. Keesha Hicks at the School Board Office at 123 N. Main Street. Be sure to bring a copy of your high school diploma and a list of courses the child will be enrolled in upon Home School approval.

Student Enrollment

The enrollment process at Forest Glen will be on a ‘First Come, First Served’ basis AND by appointment only.  Parents, I understand that school enrollments can be tedious and time-consuming. However, to make your child’s enrollment efficient and complete, you will need to bring the following items to the guidance counselor on your visit…

Things Needed to Enroll:

-birth certificate

-proof of residency (lease/mortgage, utility bill) *NOT phone bill

-student shot records

-last student report card

-student schedule

-most recent IEP or 504 plan

-School withdrawal form

-Parent driver’s license or military ID