- You must be a currently enrolled student at Nansemond River High School.
- You must have band on your schedule for the 2021-2022 school year.
- If you are not in a band class, email Mr Woodis at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an audition date and time.
- Wind players must have a prepared piece, play two major scales, and play chromatically from your lowest note to the highest note you can play clearly.
- Percussion players must play the following rudiments (open – close – open): paradiddle, double paradiddle, flam accent, double stroke roll, 9 stroke roll, 11 stroke roll, and drag. I will email you a copy of Maximum Strength Warm ups. Students in band class can find the music in the CANVAS Library.
- AUXILIARY ( Dancer, Flag, and Twirler) Tryouts will be held July 27 – 29 at NRHS in the band room and the auditorium.