The MMW band will have a mandatory meeting and rehearsal in the band room this week Thursday, February 4, 2016 from 3 – 5:40 p.m. Students who have not picked up their individual pictures can sign for them and get them on Thursday. Students who have shoes or other personal items in their garment bags can pick them up Thursday as well. Composite pictures are not available yet. We will begin our Spring fundraising campaign on Thursday for the entire Nansemond River Instrumental Music department. We are selling flowers from Dutch Mill Bulbs and Peanuts from the Virginia Diner. Proceeds will go to support the Band, Orchestra, and Jazz Band at Nansemond River High School.
- Join us for an evening of New Orleans’ Mardi Gras traditions, great food with some cajun flair, and Jazz & Blues.
- Featuring the original creations of Suffolk Public Schools’ student artists and the musical entertainment by talented student musicians.
- Our own Nansemond River Jazz Band will be one of the groups performing.
- Proceeds to benefit the music and arts programs in Suffolk Public Schools.
- Semi-Formal Attire and Mask Encouraged
- Tickets are $35 a person
You can purchase tickets by clicking on the following link or email Dr. Joleen Neighbours or Mr Woodis.
Click here for Gala Tickets—–https://www.eventbrite.com/e/masquerade-gala-celebrating-the-arts-in-suffolk-public-schools-tickets-20761180249
The next band parent meeting will be held on Thursday, March 3, 2016 @ 7 p.m. in the band room.