Dear Band Parent(s) and students,
We are in the middle of our Summer Band Camp and the band is developing well. We have a total of 70 students in the marching band and everyone is excited about the upcoming school year. Just a few reminders:
- Thursday, August 22 and 23, 2013, Band Camp times change to 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Students should be at the bus stops by the following times
- Route 1 / 1:45 p.m.
- Route 2 / 1:45 p.m.
- Route 3 / 1:45 p.m.
- We will be playing at a scrimmage on Friday, Aug 23, 2013 at Nansemond River. This is a dress rehearsal. Students should wear a red t-shirt, black shorts, black socks, and sneakers.
- Our first football game is Friday, September 6, 2013 (vs Grassfield).
- All students must pay band dues. Band dues ($225.00) must be paid in full by September 5, 2013.
- All band parents must attend at least two band booster meetings before the season begins. The next band booster meeting is September 5, 2013.
- All parents who would like to volunteer, chaperone, or work around the students must have an approved Suffolk Public Schools Volunteer form on file.
- A copy of your driver’s license must be sent with your SPS Volunteer form.
- Nansemond River Open House will take place on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 from 1 – 4 p.m. ***Updated volunteer forms are available on the SPS website.***
- Summer band camp ends on Friday, August 23, 2013.
- School begins Tuesday September 3.
- The first day is an ODD day.