After school marching band practice has been canceled for today. We will rehearse briefly Monday morning before the parade on Monday.
Students are to go to the website (www.musictheory.net) and
- Select “exercises” from the tabs at the top.
- Select the second button (key signature identification for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th block classes)
- Select the first buttton (note identification for 6th block classes)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and start exercise
Students have 4 minutes to identify 100 key signatures or note identifications. The grade recorded is the number of correct responses out of 100 key signatures. No more than 100 points can be earned. The student can take the quiz at home as many times as they like. When they are satisfied with their results select the tools button in the top right hand corner and select “show progress report. ” Print this out and bring it in to Mr Woodis before June 3, 2011. You may also email the assignment by copying and pasting on a word document and attaching it to your email. If I do not have the assignment the quiz grade will remain the same until it is completed. June 7, 2011 is the deadline for this series of quizzes. Students are to complete 5 quizzes by June 7, 2011. The quiz can be completed in school or at home.
This assignment is worth a test grade and Due by June 1 – 2 , 2011.
Current Music History Literature Search
Objective: Students will conduct a literature search and create a name for the current era of music from 1999 – 2011.
- Imagine that the year is 2021. Choose an artist, event or person of interest to reference for the name given to this period of time in music (1999 – 2011).
- List 6 artist, composers and / or performers to represent the current age of music from 1999 – present.
- The presentation should be no more than 2 – 3 minutes in length.
You are reporting an MTV news story.
Facebook / Twitter conversation with your person of interest.
- The presentation should be in good taste and free from any obscene or inappropriate material.
- Please don’t over think this assignment.
- Be creative.
- I will be grading on content, name of the era or age of music and persuasive tone of the presentation.
The Music Department Spring Concert will be held on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 7 p.m. in the school auditorium. (This includes all bands and orchestra). Seniors that will be going on the Senior cruise must complete the Music History Literature search.
Saturday, May 7, 2011 Battle of the Bands @ NRHS students report at 1 p.m.
Saturday, May 21, 2011 Holland Founders Day Parade students report at 8 a.m.
Saturday, May 30, 2011 Memorial Day Parade, Portsmouth students report at 8 a.m.
Thursday, May 26, 2011 Band Banquet in the school cafeteria each student will be allowed to bring 2 guests.