Please join Suffolk”s Million Steps Challenge. Free To Participate!
- Sign up at: healthypeoplehealthysuffolk.org/millionsteps and click on Nansemond Parkway Elementary.
- Measure your steps daily,Starting on Sept.8 using a pedometer, fitness tracker, or mobile app.
- Sign in each night at: healthypeoplehealthysuffolk.org/millionsteps and record your steps for the day.
- The Challenge: Aim to walk 10,000 steps a day between September 8 through October 5.
Welcome back new and returning students! Hope you had a fun and productive break! There are five essential rules to be followed during gym days.
- Students should dress appropriate and wear tennis shoes or soft sole shoes during gym days.
- Children should have good sportsman-like conduct at all times.
- Be respectful of other students and the teacher.
- No candy or gum during class times.
- Come prepared to have fun and to excercise!
Conditioning exercises for home and school for the month of Oct
Cardio- Bicycle and Jump Twist
Flexibility-Side Bend and Hamstring Stretch
Strength – Squat with Karate Kick-out and Standard Push Up
Balance – Tip Toe and Bridge
Conditioning Exercises for home and school.
Flexibility – Side Bends
Strength – Squat and Karate kicks out
Activity: Shuttle Relay Race
The student will change direction, speed, and foster team work and cooperation.
Classroom Activity: Follow the Leader
This activity will work on the following skills: body images, balance, directional, non-locomotive and locomotive skills.
Step1: The students will follow and imitate the teacher movements.
Step 2: One students will become a leader and the students will follow and imitate his or her movements.
Begin Physical Fitness Testing
We will start the first round of physical fitness tests for all 4th and 5th Grade students starting the week of September 16th, 2013. Students should be prepared with the proper shoes and gym outfit.
Students will be tested on the following activities:
- Pacer Run
- Trunk Lift
- V-Sit Reach