The Florence Bowser PTA will be held on Thursday, December 18th at 6:00 p.m. We hope you will join us for the meeting and enjoy ” ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!’ performed by the first grade classes. We look forward to seeing you there!
The FBES PTA meeting and 1st Grade performance of ” ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!” on Thrusday, December 18th @ 6:00 p.m.
We will not have homework this week due to Thanksgiving Break.
Early dismissial on Wednesday
Breakfast with Santa on Saturday December 6th, complimentary pancake breakfast from 10am-11:30. During breakfast with Santa PTA will be collecting toys for the Genieve Shelter, if you would like to donate, please bring one unwrapped new toy.
NPES winter concert for 3rd-5th grade will take place Tuesday, December 9th at Kings Fork H.S. starting at 6:30, if you would like to take your child to go watch.
Sign up for Remind. Check it out on remind.com. Use this phone number: (757) 809-2118, and use the code for your class (see below).
1st block – Remind code: @stoneblk1 Ch 9 Test on Tues 12/2.
5th block – Remind code: @stoneblk5 HW: Watch the Crash Course video titled Photosynthesis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQK3Yr4Sc_k&index=8&list=PL3EED4C1D684D3ADF Define new vocabulary terms that are discussed. Photosynthesis Quiz on Tues 12/2. Book report due Thurs 12/18.
7th block – Remind code: @stoneblk7 HW due tomorrow: Watch the Crash Course video titled ATP & Respiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00jbG_cfGuQ&index=7&list=PL3EED4C1D684D3ADF Define new vocabulary terms that are discussed. Bring your Cell Poster tomorrow. Ch 9 Test on Tues 12/2.
This week we are reviewing the letters that we have learned so far this year (S,T,P,O,X U). Please continue to review the letters and letter sounds at home as well. After Thanksgiving, we will continue learning more letters and learning about the four seasons.
*We do go outside in the morning and afternoon each day if the weather is above 45 degrees. Please be sure to label your child’s coats, hats, etc.
*Please continue to have your child practice highlighted items on the checklist that went home during conferences.
*The SCA is holding a canned food drive next week (DEC. 1-5) for the Union Mission.
Dates to Remember:
November 26 – early dismissal @ 1:20 (Thanksgiving)
November 27-28 – Thanksgiving holiday
Block 1 – Study for Sequence Quiz tomorrow
Block 2 – Study for Sequence Quiz tomorrow – Complete Review Notes pages 14-16
TEST: 12/2 – SOL 6.17-Sequences, 6.5-Exponents, 6.7-Word Problems with Decimals
TIC-TAC-TOE Project due 12/5
Contest designs are due to Mrs. Harrell after Thanksgiving Break.
The idea is to promote SUCCESS by understanding what impact the alternative program has on a student.
This should be a t-shirt students will wear with pride.
TWS should NOT be anywhere on the logo.
All Blocks: Study your notes on Sequences for quiz tomorrow.
2nd and 3rd: Complete the worksheet on INp. 14.
3rd: Complete the worksheet from class today if you didn’t finish.
Dec. 1-12 Book Fair
Dec. 2 PTA Meeting,3rd Grade Performance, 6:00 & Book Fair Grand Opening
Dec. 5 Online Book Fair ordering closes
Dec. 9 Interim Reports Issued
Dec. 19 Early Dismissal, 1:20, Lunch will be served
Dec. 22- Jan. 2 Winter Break
Do wkbk pgs. 119-121
Study vocab lesson XXXIII – Don’t forget the words on pg. 229
Study Verb endings – especially the passive endings now – JUST in case we do a passive synopsis next class……. Hint, Hint…..
Wkbk. lesson VI pgs. 21-23
Study Vocab Lesson VI
Study Verb tenses pres. & fut.
Study noun endings.
We will have a 1/2 day on Wednesday, Nov. 26 (Early Dismissal is 1:20, lunch is served).
VS5a Quiz: Tuesday, Dec. 2!
Breakfast with Santa is Saturday, Dec. 6!*Complimentary Pancake Breakfast (10am-11:30am) *Face Painting/Crafts *Entertainment *Toy Drive for The Genieve Shelter: Please bring 1 unwrapped new toy*
Colorathon Race Dec. 6!
Our NPES SCA is partnering with Union Mission for its annual food drive December 1st-through December 5th. Students who bring in food items will be entered in a daily raffle with winners being read during announcements.
The Shamrock Run Club is back!! Do you have a 4th or 5th grade child interested in running? Open the attachment for more.
Monday (Nov. 24th)
Math: Workbook pg. 133 (all problems)
Science: Textbook pg. 434
- Define all vocabulary terms from Chapter 14 (located in yellow box)
- Wellness Tip of the Day - Sweet Tooth- For a sweet alternative to plums, try figs. Fresh figs are a delicious source of potassium, dietary fiber, calcium and manganese and taste great in seasonal dishes.
- Varsity Girls Volleyball- All girls’ volleyball players are asked to return their uniforms and bags TODAY!! You must be cleared prior to being issued another school uniform.
- STUDENTS!!!! - Please do not forget to turn in your Federal Forms!!! They can be turned into your 1st Block teachers ASAP!
- Attention Students!! The Aviation Institute of Maintenance- located in Norfolk is an aviation career school that provides training for aircraft mechanics and aircraft maintenance technicians. They will waive application fees this week. Students who would like more information regarding the school are asked to see Ms. Harrell in the guidance office.
- Attention Seniors!! - Interested in helping plan prom??? - There will be a Prom Committee Interest Meeting on Tuesday, November 25th in Room 228 at 3:00 p.m.
- NRHS FBLA CAR SHOW- Thank you to everyone who supported the first FBLA Car Show this past Saturday. The event was a huge success!! It attracted 35 antique cars, raised 332 can of foods and 198 in cash!! 100% of the proceeds benefit The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia.
- Fresh Florida Citrus Fruit!!! Don’t forget to order your fresh Florida fruit and support the Marching Warriors. See any marching band member to place your order or e-mail Mr, Woodis. Fruit will be delivered to the school on December 12th. Congratulations to the Magnificent Marching Warriors for participating in the Western Branch HS Band Day. The band won 1st place Dance, 2nd place Drum Major, 2 place Majorette, and 2nd place Band overall!
ATHLETICS & ACTIVITIES
- Girls’ Soccer - There will be a mandatory Girls’ Varsity Soccer meeting for those girls who are interested in trying out for the Varsity Soccer Team. The meeting will be held in room 172 on Tuesday, November 25th at 3-15-4:00pm. If you are playing another sport and interested in playing girls’ soccer please stop by the office and see Mrs. Rountree.
- Science Club - It is that time again! The Science Club will be collecting plastic bags. Now through April. Please start bringing you bags to room 219 and 218. Thanks for your support!
- BETA - Beta Club is now participating in GLOVEmber! Students are asked to please bring in a pair of gloves to donate to domestic violence victims. We will collect them each Thursday morning of the month! BETA invitees are reminded to pick up your letter from room 111, if you have not already don so. Also, the $45 fee is due no later than this Friday (11/14/14) to Ms. Hatfield BETA induction ceremony will be on Monday, Nov. 17th. New members are to dress appropriately and arrive no later than 6:30pm.
- 10th grade students- will be going to the Pruden Center on December 8th and 9th to tour the facility and explore the programs that are offered. Permission slips will be given out in English class and should be returned to Mrs. Fike in guidance no later than November 21st.
- NRHS’s Theatre Team will be performing at Monticello High school for States on December 1. We are so proud of you all and know you will bring it home to Nansemond River!
November 26 is an Early Dismissal day for Suffolk Public Schools.
Creekside will dismiss at 1:20 p.m.
Lunch will be served.
NO HW this week
Enjoy your break
Project 1 palte tectonics is on the blog under quarter 2 notes
8.2 Puzzle Time, #7-12
Graded assignment (Pythagorean Theorem) 11/26
Come join the fun! Volunteers are needed to help with the Book Fair during the weeks of
December 1-5 (Preview Week) and December 8-12 (Purchase Week and Open House night).
Whether you have an hour, a day or a week, we would love to have you! If you do not have an approved Volunteer Form on file, please fill one out and return to Debbie Topping in the office.
Please use the links below to sign up.
If you have any questions, please email Jennifer Gabe at email@example.com or Madelyn Higgins (Media Specialist) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete all homework in your homework notebook or math workbook. Do not tear any pages out. Thanks!
Due to the short week, I will not be printing a homework sheet this week.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Thanks for all you do!