University of Virginia
Beginning in Spring 2015, all students from the state of Virginia who applied to the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Virginia (Charlottesville) and are placed on the waiting list for admission will be given the opportunity to enroll at our U.Va. campus in Wise, Virginia for two years with a guarantee of admission to U.Va Charlottesville for their final two years of college. This option allows students to internally and automatically transfer to Charlottesville after two years at Wise or remain at Wise to complete their Bachelor’s degree. While we realize that this program will not be for every student, we do hope those who are interested in a degree from U.Va. will consider this new option.
•Student must be a Virginia resident.
• Student must apply to U.Va. Charlottesville’s College of Arts and Sciences and receive a waiting list decision.
• No application is required to enroll at Wise, once the student is placed on the waiting list for U.Va. Charlottesville. • Attend Wise and complete 60 hours of transferable credit before automatically transferring to U.Va. Charlottesville to complete the BA/BS degree.
• No application is required to transfer to U.Va. Charlottesville after the two year Wise commitment.
• Student must achieve a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better on a 4.0 scale at Wise.
• Student must satisfy all competency and area requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences at U.Va. Charlottesville while enrolled at Wise.
• Student must enroll in the College of Arts and Sciences at U.Va. Charlottesville. The University reserves the right to deny admission to any student who has been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a crime.
Christopher Newport University
Christopher Newport University has instituted a test-optional component to their application process. If students have at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average or in the top 10% of their class, they can choose the option of not submitting test scores. Students who are applying for merit based scholarships are not eligible for this option.
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Commonwealth University has instituted a test-optional component to their application process. If students have at least a 3.3 cumulative grade point average they can submit their application without SAT/ACT scores. This must completed by submitting their request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org . Students applying for merit based scholarships are not eligible for this option.
George Mason University
George Mason University has the test-optional component to their application process. If a student has a 3.5 cumulative grade point average or in the top 20% of the class, they can choose the test-option waiver on their application. If the student is applying for a merit scholarship, they are not eligible for this option.