Congratulations to our Varsity Golf Team! They placed 2nd in the Conference 18 Tournament. The entire team will be moving on to the Regional Tournament. 1st Team All-Conference 18: Blake Harris 2nd Team All-Conference 18: James Whitley, Jack Boswell, Jacob Diggs and Blake Bullock.
Congratulations to our Varsity Golf Team! They placed 2nd in the Conference 18 Tournament held on Monday, September 29 and Tuesday, September 30, 2014. The entire team will be moving on to the 4A South Regional Tournament.
1st Team All-Conference 18: Blake Harris
2nd Team All-Conference 18: James Whitley, Jack Boswell, Jacob Diggs and Blake Bullock.
sheet glued into notebook (show steps)
I wasn’t able to copy the problems to this post.
Reading: We are reading various books, focusing on short a patterns and sequence for review. There will be comprehension tests on Friday. Our word skills this week are short a families (-at, -ap), beginning and ending sounds, and rhyming words. We are working on capitalization and punctuation in writing, as well as writing complete sentences.
Math: We are learning about patterns. Patterns can repeat (AB AB) or grow (1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, etc). Patterns use numbers, colors, shapes, letters, and most anything else. Students have to be able to analyze the pattern part that repeats as well as continue the pattern.
Science: We are finishing seasons. Students need to know that the seasons follow a sequence (order in which things happen), and we can observe different changes to tell us what season it is. We also discuss animal behavior with the change of seasons (hibernation, migration, food-gathering), plants wilt in the heat, and precipitation (rain, snow, sleet, or hail) associated with the seasons.
Social Studies: We are studying holidays and patriotic symbols. We will study George Washington Carver, that he was an African American scientist and teacher, and that he did various experiments with peanuts, soybeans, and sweet potatoes.
Notes: Progress Reports go out Wednesday. Mrs. Markham’s students receive a small incentive for returning the attached sheet on the progress report Thursday.
Picture day is Friday, October 3. Papers went home last week for you to preorder or pay for your individual picture Friday. All students will get their pictures taken that day for the yearbook.
FRESH FLORIDA CITRUS FRUIT TO BE DELIVERED TO SUFFOLK IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!! The fruit sale runs from today through Wednesday, November 19, 2014. We have three ways you can order fruit:
1. See any member of the Magnificent Marching Warrior band. ( No CHECKS will be accepted. Money order or cash only sales.)
2. Come up to Nansemond River High School and place your order from 4 – 6 p.m. ( No CHECKS will be accepted. Money order or cash only sales.)
3. For your convenience , you can order online at the following link: >>>>>>> http://www.riversweetonline.com/nrhsband14
*** We have a new size selection this year of 1 / 5 bushel of Red Grapefruit, 1./ 5 bushel of Navels, or 1 / 5 bushel of mixed. All prices are available on the website. The 1/ 5 bushel sizes can only be ordered online.***
Thank you to our loyal supporters!! Thank you to our new supporters!! We are working very hard to buy new uniforms for our marching band and continue operating. Your help is greatly appreciated. The fruit is VERY delicious and is genuine Florida FRESH citrus fruit!!
Please support the Nansemond River HS Magnificent Marching Warrior Band!!!!
TENTATIVE DELIVERY DATE WILL BE DECEMBER 12, 2014
Online ordering is available for your convenience.
US1.2 History Region Review: http://www.quia.com/rd/18865.html?AP_rand=339474433
Mean, Mode, Median, Range: http://www.ixl.com/math/grade-5/calculate-mean-median-mode-and-range
Sound & Light: http://www.virginiasol.com/test/light.htm
- Review Sheet
- memorize polygons
- Review Sheet
- Study all notes
- 4.2 Test tomorrow
Progress Reports to be distributed tomorrow
Class Review for Midpoint Test tomorrow
Set #1 to be collected tomorrow for grading
Rational Maze (blocks 3,4) and Integer Maze (block 5) for homework
Sign up for Remind. Check it out on remind.com. Use this phone number: (757) 809-2118, and use the code for your class (see below).
1st block – Remind code: @stoneblk1 No homework.
5th block – Remind code: @stoneblk5 If needed, finish p151 #1-5. HW: Research your assigned biomolecule group. Find the elements used, examples, draw the structure, and list functions. Biochemistry Quiz on Mon 10/6.
7th block – Remind code: @stoneblk7 No homework.
Block 1: INp. 14 Red Bk. p. 237 #10 – 19
Block 2: INp. 14 Red Bk. p. 242 #15 – 24
Block 3: Quiz on PDF tomorrow
(INp.26) (red) p.606 lesson 6-4 #1-12
(INp.24) (red) p.606 lesson 6-3 #1-16
Important Information for riders of routes 54 (Blue), 57 (Purple), 58 (Orange)and 59 (Black)!!! On Friday, September 26, notices were sent home to students who ride these buses concerning routing changes. Click the links below to view this information: Routes 58 and 59 Routes 54 and 57
- Wellness Tip of the Day - Make it convenient to eat right. Don’t make it hard for yourself to eat right. Buy healthy food and stock your fridge and room with them to ensure they’rs the first things at had when you get hungry.
- Clinic – the clinic will be closed today and Wednesday. Emergencies please go to the main office.
- 24th Annual Nansemond River Warrior Band Day- is Saturday October 4th! Gates open @ 4:00 and there will be 7 area high school bands competing for the title of Grand Champion!! Plus, we will have exhibition performance from The Virginia State University Marching Trojans and The Livingstone University Marching Quiet Storm. Tickets are $ 7.00 in advance and 10.00 at the gate. Tickets go on sale tomorrow in the cafeteria during all lunch shifts.
- Anime Club- will be Thursday, October 2 in room 125 (Mr. Bunch’s room). Please provide your own transportation.
- Bus Route - Students that ride Rts 864 & 872 will have a different bus and bus driver beginning on Monday. The bus you will ride will still be in the same slot.
- HOSA - Health Occupation Students of America will have a meeting Thursday, October 2 at 3:00 pm in the agriculture room. If you are interested in being a member of HOSA please attend this planning session.
- Attendance office - Students, when you are absent please make sure to bring in your excuse notes to the front office and place them in the excuse box n the front counter! Make sure your first and last name is on the note.
Picture Day for Nansemond River High School will be Monday, October 13th and Tuesday, October 14th, 2014.
In order to appear in the 2015 yearbook and receive a school ID card, you MUST have your picture taken on one of these days.
Day 1- We made our predictions about what we thought would happen to the pumpkins.
After 2 hours the pumpkins were almost gone.
Day 2- Our Pumpkins have vanished.