Unit IV Exam Review test on Tuesday 5/28. Study review at the end of Unit IV.
When: Every Tuesday this summer from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Anytime Anyplace – join us in the Twittersphere using #SPSCHAT
Points: 1 point awarded for each week you connect with the #SPSCHAT.
Join the Twitter Chat Professional Learning Community (PLC) to discuss educational strategies and connect with other instructional gurus. Be sure to register if you are thinking about participating. You will be included in the information on how to get connected and asked to provide input on the topics of discussion.
We tackled three PROBLEMS OF THE DAY focusing on solving word problems. Also students had a second look at the 4NW pre-assessments just to see if they mastered a few new standards. We will be going over the homework assignment from Big Ideas, page 175, #1-16, tomorrow.
Homework for tonight is as follows:
- MATH: Study measurement
- READING/WRITING: Read for at least 30 minutes and write a summary.
- SCIENCE: Study notes about watersheds.
Have a good night!
The 2013 Spring Athletics Reception will be held Wednesday, May 29, 2013 in the Lakeland High School Auditorium. The reception will honor Lakeland’s Spring Sports athletes. The event will begin at 6:00 p.m.
The 2013 Spring Athletics Reception will be held Wednesday, May 29, 2013 in the Lakeland High School Auditorium. The reception will honor Lakeland’s Spring Sports athletes.
The event will begin at 6:00 p.m.
Complete Week 4 in the blue POTD booklet.
Reading SOL test is tomorrow!
(INp.61 and 62) Complete week 23 and week 24 in red book on VA30 and VA31.
Complete the 1st 3 problems on Week 4 in the “Problem of the Day” blue booklet.
Convert the 3 celsius degrees to Fahrenheit degrees.
Sol. 6.14 tomorrow. You have not yet mastered this Sol if it is highlighted on the parent report located in the back of your interactive notebook. This will be your second attempt at passing this Sol……Study!
You’ve waited ALL year and it is finally here!!!! The registration for SUMMER PDAs is now open. This summer’s PDAs include a wide variety of face-to-face and online courses. Check out course descriptions and session availablability below. Register today, space is limited for some courses.
VHSL Physicals will be offered at Lakeland High School for $10.00. This physical will be good for all sports during the 2013-1014 school year. Please note that physicals for next year MUST BE dated AFTER MAY 1, 2013 If your child plans to participate in a fall sport, this is a perfect opportunity to get the …
Please note that physicals for next year MUST BE dated AFTER MAY 1, 2013
If your child plans to participate in a fall sport, this is a perfect opportunity to get the physical on file and be ready for try-outs!
Alternate Date: 06/05/2013 at Nansemond River – 4:30 pm
This past weekend the Boys & Girls Track team participated in the 2013 Southeastern District Outdoor Track & Field Championships at Lakeland High School.
The following is a list of the participants who placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the meet:
Girls Discus Throw
1st Place – Zakiya Rashid
Girls Shot Put
1st Place – Zakiya Rashid
Girls 100 Meter Dash
3rd Place – Brandee’ Johnson
Girls 400 Meter Dash
2nd Place – Brandee’ Johnson
3rd Place – Kara Lyles
4th Place – Kieara Middleton
Girls 4X400 Meter Relay
2nd Place –
Also qualifying for the Eastern Regions Outdoor Track & Field Championships were:
Girls 200 Meter Dash
5th Place – Brandee Johnson
Boys 4X400 Meter Relay
Journal, p. 80
- Farm Fresh Receipts - Staff, students, and parents don’t forget to turn in your Farm Fresh receipts to the library. With your support we can purchase much needed DVD’s and other supplies for the NRHS library.
- Seniors - Your ACCESS scholarship application is due Tuesday, 5-21-13. No late applications will be accepted. All scholarship award letters should be turned in as soon as they are received. Please submit any scholarships, grants,or monies received for education by military enlistment to guidance as soon as you receive them!
- River Revolution - There will be meetings on Tuesday afternoons from 2:30 – 3:00 in Room 102.
- FBLA - The meeting for today has been cancelled.
- Yearbook - Yearbook pre-orders are now over and students must wait until the yearbook arrives at school. They will be sold on a first come first serve basis DURING LUNCH ONLY. Cost remains $60.00 and cash, checks, and money orders made payable to NRHS are the only acceptable forms of payment. There will be an announcement made once the yearbooks arrive – they are expected after Memorial Day. There is no waiting list!
- SOL Tutoring - Mrs. Francis’ US History SOL tutoring will take place on Tuesday, 5-21-13.
- Anime’ Club - The club’s next to the last meeting will be Thursday, 5-23-13, immediately after school. All members must attend to vote for next year’s officers!! Even if you have not attended all of the meetings this year, you are encouraged to attend this week’s meeting, as long as you have paid your club dues.