2nd Nine Weeks Midpoint on 12/10/2013 (Tuesday) — Review Booklets distributed covering Pythagorean Theorem and Composite Figures (2nd NW); test will also assess Evaluating Expressions, Order of Operations, solving Multistep Equations and Two-Step Inequalities, and using Properties of Operations to solve equations.
IF YOU HAVE NOT YET RETURNED YOUR FEDERAL FORM, PLEASE DO SO BY THIS FRIDAY DEC 6!
STUDY FOR YOUR POETRY TEST FRIDAY!
ALL BLOCKS SHOULD MAKE SURE THAT TODAY’S CLASS WORK IS COMPLETED: LIT PAGE 604-BRAINSTORM AND LIT PAGES 606-610 QUESTIONS A-G. THIS WILL COUNT AS A CLASS WORK GRADE.
IN ADDITION, MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE THE POETRY PRACTICE ASSESSMENT LIT PAGES 630-633 (1-13) AND LIT PAGE 634 (1-6). LETTER ANSWERS ONLY-THIS WILL BE GRADED FOR CORRECT ANSWERS.
Parents! A homework workshop is being held Thursday, Dec.12th at 5:30 PM in room 62. This workshop will give parents tips and ideas to make homework less stressful and more productive. Win a homework supply basket loaded with goodies too! Please R.S.V.P to this event by returning the form sent home or you may also email our Title 1 teacher, Mrs. Megan Bales at firstname.lastname@example.org This event is sponsored by Title 1.
The JV and Varsity Girls’ Basketball teams started their 2013-14 season against Great Bridge on December 3, 2013. Click here to view pictures from the games.
The JV and Varsity Girls’ Basketball teams started their 2013-14 season against Great Bridge on December 3, 2013.
- Cognitive Causes of Violence
- Write an 8 mark showing the interaction between cognitive and biological factors of violence
- Complete 8 mark for homework
- Social factors of violence
- Genoide discussion
- Write a 22 mark outlining the itneraction between cognitive biologica, and social factors of violence
- Complete 22 mark
- Study for Violence Quiz
- Complete Cognitition and technology studies for Tuesday
- Violence Quiz
- Define Bullying
- Cognitive Technology studies due Tuesday
Kilby Shores talented art students were caught red handed yesterday…and green and blue and more around town. Fourth and Fifth grade talented art students took their annual field trip to paint downtown for the holiday season. Check out the complete news story with photos from the front page of the Dec. 4th Suffolk News Herald : http://www.suffolknewsherald.com/2013/12/03/students-deck-the-windows/
- Tutoring - Any students staying after school for tutoring, must be in a supervised area with a staff member at all times. Any student found unsupervised, may be subject to a 2 day out of school suspension!
- Yearbook – Pictures will be taken again on Thursday. This is only for students who were absent on the original picture days, November 18th and 21st. Please bring order forms with you; you will not be called down.
- Juniors and Seniors – Jostens will be here during all lunch shifts today, 12-4-13, for the last order collections for this year.
- Teachers – There will be an SOL testing meeting in the library today from 3:00 – 3:30 for examiners and emergency back-up. Please sign and return the security agreement to Mrs. Lascano’s mailbox. Thank you.
- River Revolution - There will be a meeting from 3:00 – 4:00 P.M. Wednesday in Room 100 (Mrs. Francis).
- Robotics - There will be no meeting this week. The next meeting will be Tuesday, 12-10-13.
- FCCLA – There will be a meeting tomorrow, 12-5-13, after school in Room 117. All members need to be present.
- FBLA - The annual Winter Social will be Tuesday, 12-17-13, from 3:00 P.M. until 4:45 P.M. All members planning to attend must see Ms. Simmons by Tuesday, 12-10-13. A bus will be available for those who need a ride.
- Football Conditioning – There will be NO conditioning or weight training today or until further notice.
- Anime’ Club - We will be meeting Thursday, 12-5-13, in room 103 (Ms. Newsome) immediately after school.
- Theatre Arts Club - Club members will meet in the auditorium this week (12-2-13 through 12-6-13) after school to help with the set design. Please see Mrs. Parker or Dr. Neighbours for more information.
- Science Club – It is that time again! The Science Club is collecting plastic bags now until April. Please place bags in the boxes located in Rooms 218 & 219. Any teachers who would like a poster made by the Science Club, please e-mail Mrs. Epperley this week.
- Band – Winter Concert/Competition today from 4:00 – 9:00 in the auditorium/cafeteria.
- Scholastic Bowl – Varsity match today at 4:30 P.M. vs. Western Branch at NRHS in the media center.
- Wrestling – Varsity match today at 5:30 P.M. at home vs. Grassfield & KFHS.
- Congratulations – To our boys’ basketball teams for their season opening wins yesterday over Grassfield! The JV’s won 58-30 and the Varsity won 57-47. Our boys will play at home this Friday vs. Great Bridge.
- Winter Sports - With the start of winter sports, we will be locking the gym doors at 3:00 P.M. After that time, all students (including athletes) who need to get to the parking lot, locker room, or training room must go down the band hall and enter the doors from the parking lot side.
- Library Fines - The library is conducting it’s annual Food for Fines Drive to collect food for the needy. During this time, you may erase your fines by turning in canned food items. Each can represents $1.00 and we will be accepting donations through December 20th. Clear those fines and help out the needy at the same time!
- All Staff and Students - Remember to bring in your Farm Fresh receipts to the library to help us get valuable supplies, DVD’s, and books for the library.
- Baseball Conditioning - Today from 3:15 to 7:30 P.M. on the baseball field and indoor hitting facility.
Midpoint Test tomorrow – STUDY!
2nd Nine Weeks Review Booklets went home today (finish pages 4 – 16)
5.6 Puzzle Time, #5-7
Test (midpoint) 12/10
Block 1 – complete worksheet (fractions) – Midpoint Test Thursday
Block 2 – Midpoint Test Thursday
Block 3 – complete INB(N) – Midpoint Test Thursday
Donate to orphans! Review the following document for the guidelines regarding this extra credit opportunity: December Extra Credit
The deadline is Dec. 13
Sign up for Remind 101. Go to remind101.com, use this phone number: (757) 809-2118, and use the code for your class (see below).
1st block – Remind 101 code: @stoneblk1 If needed, finish the Basic Concepts – Photosynthesis ws and the Basic Concepts – Cellular Respiration ws. HW: Watch the following Crash Course video on ATP & Respiration and define new vocabulary words as Hank discusses them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00jbG_cfGuQ&list=SP3EED4C1D684D3ADF&index=7 Photosynthesis Quiz next class. Cellular Respiration Quiz on Mon 12/9. Book Report due Thurs 12/19.
5th block – Remind 101 code: @stoneblk5 Ch 9 Test next class.
7th block – Remind 101 code: @stoneblk7 Ch 9 Test on Thurs 12/5.
Chapter 1 – Review
Chapter 2 – Sections 1-4 -review (not section 5) Know the macromolecules, their building blocks. Know the functional groups on them.
Chapter 3 – Sections 3.1, 3.2, (Note the SEM picture of the cross section of a leaf on page 76!)
Chapter 3.6 and 7.6 – ENZYMES!
Chapter 6.1 – Human Digestion
Pages 240 (bottom of page @ Leaf tissues), 241, and 251(very bottom) – 252 (Stomata and guard cells)
On page 225, the bottom 1/2 of the page describes the action of ATP synthase. The proton action that occurs through this enzyme is called CHEMIOSMOSIS.
|Preview Days: 12/10, 12/13Buy Days: 12/12, 12/11, & 12/16||Family Sale: 12/17
5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Holiday Sale: 12/20
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Online Purchases (click here or on the picture)
5.6 Puzzle Time, #1-4
Graded assignment (perimeter of composite figures) 12/6